Join Come & Eat
An emergency shelter has opened up in Utrecht for refugees who have arrived from various countries. To offer them a moment to escape the enormity of the shelter and to meet local residents in a homely atmosphere, Eet Mee is organising the Come & Eat initiative.
What is Come & Eat?
As a resident of Utrecht or one of the surrounding areas, you welcome a group of refugees for dinner at your home. You cook something delicious for your guests or cook together with them. You get to know the people behind the heart-breaking stories in the news. For them it’s their first opportunity to meet with the Dutch and their culture.
How can you join in with Come & Eat?
Register as a host address for Come & Eat. We will then contact you to arrange a date for the dinner and match you with your guests. We provide helpful guidelines to ensure that the dinner party is a success for you and for your guests. And of course, you can organise a Come & Eat dinner as often as you like.
- You live in the city of Utrecht or the immediate vicinity.
- You will welcome two or three (often male) refugees or a family.
- As a host address, you pick up the guests yourself, and afterwards bring them back to the emergency shelter.
- You can pick up your guests by public transport or by car. There is sufficient parking space available. If you live close by, you can walk.
- As a host address, you adhere to the current government measures concerning corona.
Please complete the form and we will then contact you for further details.