At the Eet Mee dinner, you will meet surprising diverse types of people, such as couples, elderly people, refugees or families. The diversity makes it so much more interesting. Age, national origin, and profession are no longer important when everyone is sitting together at the table. So, don’t hesitate and create a profile!
Due to the coronavirus, we obviously cannot organize face-to-face dinner gatherings at home. Instead, we are doing this online! Therefore, we are organizing the Eet Mee Video dinner
Click here to find out how the online dinners work
Three steps to have a pleasant gathering at the dining table at home
Step 1: Sign up
In In your profile, you can set your preferences concerning the gathering and eating together. In this way, we can provide a perfect match.
- Interest: things that you like to talk about or things that you like to do.
- Age: your age and the age preferences of the new people you would like to meet.
- Food: food allergies, food preferences (e.g. vegetarian or halal), and the food you would like to cook.
- Area: the area/place of the new people you would like to meet.
- language: the language(s) you speak.
- Mobility: whether you are able to walk up and down the stairs, or whether you need an elevator, and whether you (as the host) live in an accessible place.
- Pets: are you allergic to animals or do you have pets?
- Photo picture: the profiles are without pictures. Your appearance is not important to us, we provide the matches based on your preferences.
Do you need help with creating a profile? Please call us at: 030 – 2213498. One of our employees will be happy to help you.
Step 2: Organize a dinner or wait for a match
You can participate in Eet Mee in two ways: as the host of the gathering you can organize a dinner at your home or as a guest you can eat with someone else. If you like both, you can eat with other people at first, and then organize a dinner with the other people at your home another time.
Hosting a dinner.
You do not have to be a great cook to organize a dinner. Eet Mee is all about eating together and meeting people. All you need to do is to prepare the meal you enjoy.
You can host a dinner easily by online registration:
- Organizing a dinner is free.
- Choose the date, the number of people you want to invite and your preferences.
- You will see the number of possible guests based on your preferences. You will see their profile (male/female), age, and the introduction text.
- You can make an online choice of your matches.
- You will receive a message when your guests have accepted the dinner invitation.
If you are a guest, please wait for a match.
Does someone create a dinner that suits your preferences? Then, you will receive an online invitation to eat with us.
- View the date, the place, and the number of the people who are going to eat together.
- Indicate whether you want to join the dinner or not.
- If you decide to join the dinner, you need to pay €5 matching contribution to Eet Mee. Are you not able to pay this contribution? In some municipalities you can use a discount card. Please ask us about the possibilities in your municipality.
Step 3: Eat at your place or eat at someone’s place
For many people, the first time joining a dinner can be quite exciting. Who are you going to meet? What can you expect? Once the food is on the table, everyone feels at ease and the conversation starts quickly.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we do not provide matchmaking dinner events at home. Instead, we organize wonderful online (video) dinners. Click here to find out how this works.