Sign up now!
How can you participate in our video-dinners?
Sign up! The only thing you’ll need is a computer, tablet or mobile phone with a camera, a microphone and a good internet connection. During these corona times the Eet Mee video-dinners are free of charge. So, why not try it?
Below you can read how everything works. On the page how it works you can find further detailed information about the concept. And, of course, if you have any questions feel free to call or email us.
Three steps to meeting new people for a sociable dinner
Step 1: Sign up
First of all, create a profile. Here you explain what is important to you when meeting new people for dinner. With this information we get a better idea of who you are and what you like. This enables us to create good tailor-made matches. Your profile contains the following information:
- Age: how old are you? And: would you like to meet people your own age, or do you not have a preference?
- Area: would you like to meet people in your own area or also further afield? With a video-dinner it doesn’t matter where you live.
- Language: in which language would you like to speak during dinner? Some of our participants are international and speak English. We also have participants with a refugee background who like to practice their Dutch.
- Interests: here you can explain more about yourself, for example what you like to talk about. What are your hobbies? What fascinates you?
- We have specifically made our profiles without profile photos. How you look is not important to our participants. We make matches based on your preferences. We recognise that you are providing personal information to us, which should remain sensitive. We will only use your details in order to make a match.
Beaudine, 22 years old
“I thought it was really enjoyable! Sometimes you almost didn’t get to eat because of talking so much, but that’s the same in real life. A video-dinner is a really nice concept!”
Step 2: Organize a video dinner
With Eet Mee you can get to know people from the comfort your own home. Organise a sociable video-dinner and meet new people. It’s not as difficult as it sounds. The system will help guide you through the various steps.
- You can arrange a dinner via your Eet Mee account. Log in or create a profile now.
- Choose a date, the number of people you’d like to invite and any further preferences, such as the language you’d like to speak to each other in.
- The website will display a number of potential guests on the basis of your preferences. You can see their gender, age and a short biography. You can then make a selection based on these matches.
- As soon as your guests have accepted your invitation, you’ll receive a message and you can look forward to new encounters!
- Participating in our dinners is free during this corona period, however we would be grateful if you support us with a donation. Eet Mee is wholly reliant on subsidies and donations.
- Of course, you can also join an Eet Mee dinner as a guest, however note that you will need to wait for a suitable invitation and this can take somewhat longer.
Hasan, 29 years old
“I liked it! I’ve never had the opportunity before to speak Dutch for such a length of time.”
Step 3: meet new people… join your table!
The final step is the actual dinner. For many people, the first time joining a dinner can be quite daunting. What can you expect? What should we talk about? Rest assured, we’ve noticed that as soon as the connection is made, everyone soon feels at ease and the conversation starts to flow. In addition, the corona lockdown makes the situation somewhat easier, in many cases. Being online and sitting at your own kitchen table is suddenly a lot less daunting! And if you’re worried about the technical side, please contact us, we will be happy to do a test video call with you.
Task of the video dinner initiator
Are you organising and hosting the dinner? As an initiator, you ensure that everyone can take a seat at the virtual kitchen table. To do this, you need to create a free account with a video platform, selected by us, that values privacy. You will receive tips from us on how to do that. The link to connect to your account will be shared with your guests. You then ensure that the conversation runs smoothly and that everyone gets a chance to speak. Getting a conversation started doesn’t have to be difficult – just ask how someone’s day was!
Still not convinced? Allow yourself to be persuaded by the stories of those who’ve already participated. Read their experiences here.