Eating together from your own home
Are you open to meeting new people? Why not organise an Eet Mee-dinner, or join one as a guest? See what interesting conversations and new, social contact are waiting for you. Something which is especially valuable in this current situation. Whether you want to expand your network or you find yourself with less social contact during these Corona times, Eet Mee is there to support you. Whatever your reason is, you can quickly find a suitable match via our website. Together we are creating social connections.
How do you get to know new people through our dinners?
Do you want to join one of our Eet Mee video-dinners? The only thing that you will need is a computer, tablet or mobile with a camera, microphone and a good Wi-Fi-signal. During these Corona times the Eet Mee video-dinners are free of charge. So, just try it out!
Three steps to meet new people during a dinner from Eet Mee.
Step 1: Sign up
Make a profile and describe who you are and what you find important when you share a meal or meet people. That’s important for us to know to make good matches:
- Interest: things that you like to talk about or things that you like to do.
- Age: your age and the age preferences of the new people you would like to meet.
- Area: the area/place of the new people you would like to meet.
- language: the language(s) you speak.
- Photo picture: the profiles are without pictures. Your appearance is not important to us, we provide the matches based on your preferences.
Boukje, 59 years old
“Normally speaking, I have all the time in the world. I go to the gym twice a week and I often meet up with friends to eat. Now, during Corona-time I spend more time at home. We do call one another but it always feels different when you actually see each other. Thanks to the Eet Mee video-dinners I now have the opportunity to share a meal with someone.”
Step 2: Organize a dinner
Hosting a dinner is very easy online:
- Choose a date and the limit of people you want to invite.
- You will receive the profiles of possible guests (age, gender, short biography).
- Choose your guests from your matches online.
- You will receive an email when your guestlist is complete.
- We will give you some tips to make the video-dinner a success.
- When the group is complete you will receive more detailed information, such as the names and login link for the Video-dinner
- You can also join as a guest, but then you will have to wait for an invitation
Claudia, 22 years old
“It was nice to have a video-dinner. The initiator led the conversation so everybody had a chance to speak. There was room for everyone to tell something about themselves and we gave each other the time to finish speaking.”
Step 3: Join the Eet Mee video-dinner
For many people, the first time joining a dinner can be quite daunting. Who are you going to meet? What can you expect? Once the food is on the table, everyone feels at ease and the conversation starts to flow.
- Test in advance whether everything is working properly. Does it not work? Call us and we will help you on your way!
- Read the tips that your received via e-mail for the dinner to be a successful experience.
- Participation is free of charge during Corona-time. A donation is very welcome, this will enable us to continue making matches.