Are you stuck at home because of Corona? Do you have more time available because the gyms are closed? Do you want to meet new people? Nothing is easy during this current ‘1,5 meters society’. Especially in these times it is nice to feel connected and to have a distraction and get out of your comfort zone.
Three steps to meet new people during a dinner from Eet Mee.
Step 1: Sign up
Make a profile and describe who you are and what you find important when you share a meal or meet people. That’s important for us to know to make good matches:
- Interest: things that you like to talk about or things that you like to do.
- Age: your age and the age preferences of the new people you would like to meet.
- Food: food allergies, food preferences (e.g. vegetarian or halal), and the food you would like to cook.
- Area: the area/place of the new people you would like to meet.
- language: the language(s) you speak.
- Mobility: whether you are able to walk up and down the stairs, or whether you need an elevator, and whether you (as the host) live in an accessible place.
- Pets: are you allergic to animals or do you have pets?
- Photo picture: the profiles are without pictures. Your appearance is not important to us, we provide the matches based on your preferences.
Miranda, 33 years old
“When we walk to playgroup, my son knocks on the window of the elderly lady we’d invited to dinner. We’ve kept close contact.”
Step 2: Organize a dinner
As the host of the gathering you can organize a dinner at your home.
Hosting a dinner.
- Organizing a dinner is free.
- Choose the date, the number of people you want to invite and your preferences.
- You will see the number of possible guests based on your preferences. You will see their profile (male/female), age, and the introduction text.
- You can make an online choice of your matches.
- You will receive a message when your guests have accepted the dinner invitation.
- View the date, the place, and the number of the people who are going to eat together.
- Indicate whether you want to join the dinner or not.
- You can also join as a guest. then you have to wait for an invitation.
- Participation is free of charge during Corona-time. A donation is very welcome, you help us so we can continue making matches.
Marijke, 42 years old
“I would never had imagined you could have such nice conversations with people you’d only met a few hours previously.”
Step 3: Eat at your place
For many people, the first time joining a dinner can be quite daunting. Who are you going to meet? What can you expect? Once the food is on the table, everyone feels at ease and the conversation soon starts flowing.